– Dry head with clearly distinct vein contours, a trademark Roman nose and a prominent large dark eye.
– Proportionally long, arched and muscular high-set neck
– Less noticeable but well-formed withers
– Fairly long back with well-linked loins
– Broad and relatively deep chest with steep shoulder blades enabling the typical high action of its front legs
– Rather wide, elliptical or slightly sinewy from behind and well-built croup
– Correct, moderately bony limbs with pronounced dry joints, medium length shin, sometimes with upright pasterns and regularly shaped large and sturdy hooves